Monday, July 27, 2015

The best is yet to be!



Robert's baptism with Brother Ho!  Happy Day!

Robert with his mom and brother, James.





My last lesson with the Berdin Family. :(

     

Dear Family, 
Hello, and for the last time, hello from Makati!! I got news this morning that I will be transferred! To be honest, I feel really really sad, but at the same time, I am just overwhelmed with gratitude for the experiences that Heavenly Father has allowed me to have here. 
Yesterday, Robert was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and ordained to the office of a Priest! We are SO excited for him! His baptism on Saturday was such a sweet experience for me. He was so happy, and his mom and brother were able to attend. Yesterday in sacrament meeting, Bishop invited him to share is testimony and it was powerful. It was so cute. At his baptism we invited him to share his testimony and when he got up there and looked to us and goes, "So, I just like, testify right?" Then that is exactly what he did! He said, "I testify that God lives. I testify that the Book of Mormon is true! I testify that Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson are prophets of God. I testify that this church is true." It was amazing! Recent Converts have the most powerful testimony because its straight from the heart. Robert is almost done with the Book of Mormon, and is literally just full of happiness and light. I have seen the real change that the gospel has on people. It's a change that just fills you with hope and peace and positivity! The ward is so amazing in helping him feel welcome. He already has a calling and has all the support he needs. The bishop also spoke at his baptism, and he talked about how baptism is just the beginning. Its the first step to the temple. Its the very beginning of a life filled of service and trying to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. I can't wait for the day when I get to see those I have taught enter into the temple for themselves. 
The baptism was also really exciting because lots of our investigators came!! Jerry was able to come, and so was Carol. They are both progressing so much and I am excited for the day when I hear of their baptisms (: 
After such an exciting week, finding out about this transfer was super hard. I have no idea what kind of ward I will be assigned to next, or who my companion will be. But, ya know, I am realizing that that is what faith is. Faith is when we trust that Heavenly Father loves us, and He wants what's best for us. Faith is when we are lead, step by step, just like I left my comfortable happy life in Provo to come all the way here in the Philippines. There were moments there in those last few weeks in Helaman halls, when I seriously wondered if life got any better! I just cried and cried with Cady and Erica and all of my other best friends, and just wished I could stop time! Now, I am learning that Heavenly Father leads us by the hand. The only way for us to grow and to learn is to let go of what is behind us. We have to move forward. 
This morning I read a devotional talk by Jeffry R. Holland called "Remember Lots Wife." He talked about how when Lot and his family were called to leave Sodom and Gummorah Lots wife looked back longingly, and was turned to a pillar of salt. He said "In short, her attachment to the past outweighed her confidence in the future." He then reminds us that faith is pointed to the future! Our lives are ahead of us, and great wonderful happy things are ahead. 
Sometimes, we have to be lead one step at a time. We may not know how things will work out, or what our future holds. But, we ALWAYS have the Lord's promise, that if we follow Him, He will keep leading us to better things, because ultimately, that path is leading us to Him. 
I love you all so much! I am so full of gratitude for the experiences that I am having on my mission. I love the people here with all of my heart, and I am just loving every day I have to spend with them (:
Things will work out! The best is yet to be.
XOXOXOXO
Sister Lockwood

1 comment:


  1. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete