Monday, July 13, 2015

I love being a missionary!

On exchanges with Sister Mabeza! 

This is Jerry! 

With Sister Pamesa

Dear Family, 
I love being a missionary!! In the MTC, our MTC president would always make us say that together, "I love being a missionary." It kind of became a joke in our district... Like we were in boot camp or something. But now, I can say it and really really mean it! This week was SO busy and crazy with exchanges and so many lessons. I'm super tired, but just feel great. 
As far as updates go, Robert is doing awesome and we are hoping that his baptism will be going through on the 25th!! This week we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ and about a lot of the commandments. He is my favorite investigator because he loves learning. He always reads so much and comes to our lessons with so many questions. He is already over half way through the Book of Mormon!! My favorite thing he said this week was when he told us about an experience he had when reading in the Bible. He was reading in the last verses of Matthew, and he said that he felt a feeling come over him that he hadn't felt before. He said "I think I know what you mean now about feeling the spirit and knowing truth." Ah! Those words for a missionary are just heaven. Keep him in your prayers!! 
Jerry is also progressing super well. I think he should be baptized at the beginning of August! He just has so much faith. He comes to church every Sunday. He reads the Book of Mormon and he lives the commandments that we teach him! Even though it isn't always easy to communicate, with the help of Brother and Sister Ho, he really has come so far. 
Our other investigator, Caizy is doing great too!! She has gone through so much in her life, and I really know that Heavenly Father led her to the place where she is now. Its amazing to see how the Lord never forgets us. 
I am just so amazed at how many people the Lord has prepared for us to teach. Just this week we were at the church, and a family from Italy walked up because they are new to the area and were looking for a church to go to!! They are coming to church next Sunday, and are really excited to meet other foreign families! 
Another woman met some Elders last week when she was shopping, and she told them that she would go to the church nearest to her on Sunday. She came to church yesterday and said, "I gave them my phone number, so I was afraid if I didn't come that they would call me and ask me about it." She is actually in our area and we taught her for the first time yesterday!! She has had so much exposure to the church and is really really prepared. Her name is Deli, so you can keep her in your prayers too!! 
Our less active members are also continuing to merge back into the culture of the church!! Melanie and Chris came again, and so did Rey and another brother we have been working with!
We also had exchanges this week!! It was really fun because they were out further away from the city and I felt like I was on Palawan again!! There was grass and trees!!! ...These are things I havent seen in awhile. The sisters were super awesome! 
I just really can't say enough about how grateful I am to be assigned where I am. We are seeing so much progress in our area, and I can honestly say that it is 100% all the Lord's doing. Every person that we are teaching was led by Him to us. We have just been His instruments, in being at the right place at the right time. 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a missionary!! I hope you have a great week!!
XOXOXOXO
Sister Lockwood

ps. I got assigned to speak in church in the 4th ward on the 25th... pray for me lol. I will have to speak in front of my mission president AND the area presidency! Woof! 

Matthew 28:19-20 
19 ¶Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment