Monday, July 20, 2015

1 year!

 Look who was at church yesterday with her new baby!! Margie!! Don't they look great (: (: 

My kabahays suprised me on Saturday with my one year sign!!! They're the best (: 

This is Robert and Sister Kim! Robert is actually half Korean and so the Kim family has been super involved in helping us teach him. 

Dear Family, 

It has officially been one year since I said goodbye to all of you and began my journey to the Philippines! It was crazy to think of how much has changed since then. Last time this year, I knew next to zero Tagalog, I almost never ate rice, and every night I prayed that no cockroaches would bite my eyes in the middle of the night. I barely knew the people or the culture, and I was absolutely terrified and pretty homesick.  Now, I speak Tagalog! I eat rice everyday, and I pray and pray for our wonderful investigators and less active members and the amazing Filipino people. I am so happy here and I can't believe that one year is over!! However, the night of my one year, I did wake up to a cockroach crawling up my leg in the middle of the night, so I have added again the same prayers about the cockroaches that I had last year. 

The biggest news for this week is Robert is getting baptized!!! This week was so amazing as we continued to teach him and really help him come to this decision. About a month ago, when he first came to the church, we extended July 25th as his baptismal date. It has been exciting for us as he has continued to grow and become more prepared for baptism. We have seen so many miracles. This week, we went over the baptismal interview questions with him, and he was a champ! But he said that he still wasn't sure if he was ready. We prayed and prayed for him, and when we were able to meet with him again, he told us of answered prayers that he had, and that he really knew that this was what Heavenly Father wanted for him. He talked about how at work they were starting to change people's schedules, and that he heard that many people were going to have to move to Sunday. He said, "Well, that's when I decided to do what the sisters keep telling me, pray about it." He prayed that he would still have Sundays off so he could go to the church. Later that night, he learned that there was a mess up in the computer and that he would still be able to work weekdays only. I have had SO much joy in teaching him, and he is just so ready!

Jerry is also doing great!! He came to church again, and this week we taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ. We also taught a new investigator who is from China as well! Her name is Aisha and she started taking an English class a few months ago from the senior couples and has been coming to church! Every week, when we teach, and then Brother and Sister Ho translate for us, I am just filled with the Holy Ghost. Brother and Sister Ho are from Houston, and are here for work for a few years. They are the only people around here that know Chienese, and I know that part of the reason they were brought all the way to the Philippines was to help these wonderful brothers and sisters hear and understand the gospel in their native language. 

We also have some really prepared investigators in the 3rd ward. Deli, who we met at church last week, came to church again yesterday and is really searching for the truth. We taught the restoration and are helping her to recognize answers to prayers. Caizy is also doing great and the days are counting down to her wedding! Exciting! 

I am just loving life in Makati!! We had exchanges again this week down in Las Pinas, and it was fun to work in areas with trees and fresh air and learn from the sisters there. 

I can't believe one year is gone! Of course I have mixed feelings, but I am just so deeply thankful for the experiences I have had over the past year and the people who still lay ahead in the next 6 months. 

I love you!! Have a great week!!

XOXOXOXOXO

Sister Lockwood

1 comment:

  1. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete