Friday, July 25, 2014

More about the first week...

(Sorry for the extra blog post.  This information was in a separate email that I forgot to include.)

Mom!!
I got your first card this week!! It made me SO happy!! I think I'm the first missionary in my batch to get a card.  Sadly, missionaries aren't allowed to chew gum though.  The dove chocolate you packed me has come in handy already.  I've eaten some and shared it with some of the other girls who have struggled this week too.
I want you to know how much I admire you!! I definitely miss you every day and it was so hard to say goodbye.  It makes me feel better that you did this (serve a mission) though.  I am growing so much and I know that I am where Heavenly Father wants me to be. I don't have much time to write here but MAHAL KITA!!!
Love, Kayla
 
ps. 
 
One of them is a view from my room! The MTC is beautiful!! It is very different from the city, I've learned.
Another is me and all my roommates!! We went to an American cemetary where President Hinkley dedicated the Philippines as a place for the gospel to grow today after we went to immigration in Manila.
Another is my whole district!! Some of them are crazy...
Another one is of me and my beautiful casama!  We love each other a lot.
Please know that even if you don't hear from me, or if a typhoon comes, I am safe.  The MTC is beautiful and I am with amazing people and leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment