Monday, October 12, 2015

Planning for the future


(No explanation given about this photo.  I don't know who she is but this appears to be a family history form that can be taken to the temple to do work for deceased ancestors.)

Dear Family,

This is going to be short because I just spent the last half hour or so figuring out what class schedule I am going to register for in a couple of weeks. I am super excited! And pretty nervous, too.

This week was really good. Sister Veras and I are working hard.  We are preparing recent converts to go through the temple, and to start doing their family history work and stuff. We also found some really great new investigators this week too. So life is good!

Conference was definitely the highlight of my week. I LOVED LOVED Vern Stanfill's talk. That was such an answer to my prayers. I felt like it was talking exactly about my situation. Its okay to have to rely on other's light for awhile until you are strong enough to get back to how things used to be. I also really loved Elder Hales, Sister Marriott and President Uchtdorf. And of course, Elder Holland's talk made me cry thinking about you, mom. (General Conference is a world wide broadcast of inspirational talks given by the leaders of our church.  It takes place the first weekend in April and October but is aired in the Philippines 1 week late due to the time zone difference.  Recordings of the talks can be viewed or printed at lds.org.)

I also am "ponderizing" a scripture this week! I chose. "To be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace" Romans 8:6. Are you ponderizing a scripture this week? I chose that one because I felt like I keep getting the prompting that I need to clean up my media when I get home. I watched/listened to way too much crap. All media that we intake does have an effect on us whether we like it or not. So that's really a commitment that I am making to myself and to the Lord!


Another favorite quote I had was from President Uchtdorf "We don't need to be more of anything to start to become the person God wants us to be." (:

 I'm also doing my best to take dad's advice and "finish joyfully!" Don't worry about me, just keep prayin for me!

Love,
Sister Lockwood




No comments:

Post a Comment