Monday, April 27, 2015

Dear Family, 
Hello from crazy Manila!
This week was crazy!
I have lice again, and we moved apartments! But the good news is, I have poly kabahays!!! YAY!!! (I think that means Polynesian roommates)
And the other really great news is.. the Berdin family is getting baptized!! They worked everything out with our bishop, and had their interviews Saturday! Tom Berdin, the dad, will be baptizing his wife Margie and daughter Angel (: It is such an exciting time for us.  Tom has really changed over the past months.  He has made big changes in his life, and his family is being seriously blessed. They are so ready and so excited! Every time I see the cute Berdin family, I just fill up with joy. They are so precious. I can't wait for the day they will be sealed in the temple (: 
This week we also saw miracles with member referrals! That has been a huge focus in our district, and so Sister Narag and I have been fasting and praying for members to give us referrals. And this week we saw answers to our prayers! The biggest and most exciting, was the referral from Sister Jensen! We visted her family a couple of weeks ago and committed them to pray for missionary opportunities. They have a daughter serving a mission as well. This week Sister Jensen texted us and told us she was bringing her Swiss-German neighbor to church!  She is so sweet and so much fun.  I can't even tell you how excited I am to teach her! And she came to church and loved it! She is going to be coming next week with her family! Pray for Lex and Sonny (:
Oh yeah- the last experience I wanted to share! So this week when we were going to visit the Berdin family, we felt prompted to talk to their neighbor, May. And in her words.."Mormors din ako, date." That means "I used to be a mormon." Hahaha, that's always fun because we tell people, actually you still are a mormon!" But she is so sweet and wonderful, and was so ready to hear from us again. She has been less active since she was a teenager, but her family was sealed in the temple, and are still active. She has kids and a husband now, who are not members. But she said that she really is ready to get back to church.  I know that Heavenly Father was watching and waiting for her over the past 20 years, and now that she's ready, He sent us back to her (: I am so lucky to be the missionary that gets to do that work for our Father in Heaven. 
Well, I hope all of you have a great week! 
I am still just living life as a missionary in the Philippines! Hot, sweaty, and HAPPY!
XOXOXO
Sister Lockwood

Kayla couldn't get the computer she used to send the pictures from this week, so I am sending one that I received on Saturday from her Bishop's wife....



No comments:

Post a Comment